July 29, 2016

The Friday 56 & Book Beginnings #3


The Friday 56 is a weekly blog meme hosted by Freda’s Voice. Join us every Friday and share an excerpt from a book you’ve been reading.

Rules:

*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence (or a few, just don’t spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post here in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It’s that simple.


Rose City Reader, is hosting Book beginnings on Friday. She says:
Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


Friday 56:
The crash of the patio table caused me to jump to my feet and duck behind Dr. Hassan, clutching his arm. The wind pushed even harder at the windows, gritty sand thumping against the house like small hailstones determined to rip apart, and then, suddenly, the wind was gone. Silence descended, and I found the lack of noise even creepier than the heavy thuds of the creatures roaming the deck. The sound of our breathing seemed louder than the rushing wind had been.  
- Chapter 15: Oasis of the Sacred Stones of Reawakened

Book Beginning:
In the great city of Itjtawy, the air was thick and heavy, reflecting the mood of the men in the temple, especially the countenance of the king and the terrible burden he carried in his heart. As King Heru stood behind a pillar and looked upon the gathered people, he wondered if the answer his advisers and priests had given was their salvation or instead, their utter destruction. 
 - Part 1 of Reawakened

Reawakened (Reawakened #1)
Series: Reawakened
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Pages: 400
Genres: Yound-Adult, Fantasy, Romance, Mythology, Magic

Synopsis:


When seventeen-year-old Lilliana Young enters the Metropolitan Museum of Art one morning during spring break, the last thing she expects to find is a live Egyptian prince with godlike powers, who has been reawakened after a thousand years of mummification.

And she really can't imagine being chosen to aid him in an epic quest that will lead them across the globe to find his brothers and complete a grand ceremony that will save mankind.

But fate has taken hold of Lily, and she, along with her sun prince, Amon, must travel to the Valley of the Kings, raise his brothers, and stop an evil, shape-shifting god named Seth from taking over the world.

From New York Times bestselling author Colleen Houck comes an epic adventure about two star-crossed teens who must battle mythical forces and ancient curses on a journey with more twists and turns than the Nile itself.

Reawakened Book Trailer:

video

12 comments:

  1. This sounds like quite an adventure! Most anything involving mummies is exciting.

    Have a blessed day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like it would be a difficult book to put down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds promising! I love a good Egyptology read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That excerpt is chilling and this sound like wuite an epic adventure. Could be a fun one.

    My Friday 56 from Candidate For Murder

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried this one, but I was so irritated with the main character that I quit. Hope you enjoy it more than I did.

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read this one a while ago but wasn't really impressed. I hope you enjoy it more than I did. I pulled my book from my TBR mountain this week - Forever by Maggie Stiefvater. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kayla! Comment Partner here! Adventure!! Whoo hooo!!! This sounds like a good read and from the comments I take it was. Hope you enjoy it and hope to see your review soon! (So that I can comment you know). Here's my Friday Meets: http://marelithalkink.blogspot.co.za/2016/07/friday-meets-end-of-month-salticrax.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing sounding book! Interesting cover, too. Thanks for sharing. I love the look of your blog.

    Here's mine: “THE GIRL YOU LOST”

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds interesting and I like books that deal with ancient Egypt and have travel and adventure at the heart - here's my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like an intriguing fantasy!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have seen the cover before and it intrigues me...so does the story. I love going on adventures through books and this sound like a good one.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete